12/13/2017

Thanks to generous donors and Lotte,the ferrets could come to Holland!



Acting upon a request from Lotte, a Dutch volunteer, Scooby Holland started a fundraising to bring three ferrets from Spain to Holland. After an appeal on Facebook the minimum amount needed, was raised! Thanks to the perseverance of Lotte and the generous donors  (thank you for that!) the medical costs and transport could be arranged, so that the three ferrets could come to the Netherlands before winter. They are kept in a foster home of the ferret association ‘Frettig Gestoord’. This association is specialized in taking care of ferrets and finding them a good home, something which is quite difficult to do from Spain itself. Scooby is very thankful to this organisation for helping. The ferrets Coco, Pablo and Evita are now used to their new home: they eat well and were given a clean bill of health by the veterinarian. Now they are looking for their forever home, if possible together! Interested in these Scooby ferrets? Take a look at  http://frettiggestoord.nl/

Read the story of Lotte and her Scooby-ferret Kiba below:
“When I went to Spain to volunteer at Scooby, I didn’t expect to fall in love. I had promised my mother and my boyfriend not to take an animal home with me. I was prepared to resist all those lovely cats and dogs. I didn’t expect there were ferrets living at Scooby. I had never seen a ferret before, but I fell in love immediately with those lovely little animals with teddy-ears, vampire teeth and a snake-like body. One specific ferret, Kiba, stole my heart and although I had made a promise, a little animal came back with me to the Netherlands. But I kept thinking of all those other ferrets. I think every animal deserves a home, personal care and love. Unfortunately ferrets are not very popular pets in Spain, and it looked like those ferrets would have to spent the rest of their lives in the shelter. That’s why I decided to contact the ‘Frettig Gestoord’ association, in order to get those ferrets to the Netherlands and give them a better chance at finding a new home.”